Support WellElder

We welcome your support of our work

Contribute Financially

Our contract with Capital & Coast DHB enables us to provide 600 counselling sessions per year and run some of our groups. We depend on community support - donations, grants and bequests - to provide additional sessions and see clients in rest homes.

You can make either one-off or regular donations by:

  • direct debit to bank account 06-0574-0223422-00 (ANZ Kilbirnie);
  • posting a check to WellElder at 94 Riddiford Street, Newtown;
  • contacting WellElder to make special arrangements;
  • Making a donation to us through Givealittle.

We are a registered charity (CC31682). All donations over $5.00 to WellElder are receipted and tax deductible.

Donate your time and skills

We have a small office and all our staff are part-time. There are always tasks for which we would welcome a capable head and pair of hands:

  • General administration
  • Board minutes
  • Graphic design and newsletter layout
  • IT and computer skills
  • Transport for people attending our groups. (We pay mileage at the Inland Revenue recommended rate.)
  • Fundraising and event organization

Contact us with your offers

Make a bequest

You, a family member or friend may have received counselling from WellElder or perhaps you feel strongly about supporting older people. You may have experienced the benefits of counselling or feel that you've had a good life and you want to help those who haven't been as fortunate.

A bequest is a way of making a gift to WellElder. By supporting WellElder through a bequest you help us provide subsidised counselling to more people we support and enable us to plan for our service into the future.

Making a will is the only way you can be sure your wishes will be followed after you die. If you don't make a will, part or all of your estate may end up going to people you never intended to benefit and if you have no next of kin your estate will pass to the Crown.

If you are planning to leave a legacy or bequest, please get professional advice with drawing up your will. A solicitor can help you to give effect to your wishes; so can the Public Trust or a Community Law Centre.

A bequest may be for

  • a specific amount of money or
  • a share of your estate or
  • a specific asset (house, life insurance proceeds, vehicle, jewelry etc), or
  • all or part of everything that is left after you have provided for debts, family etc.

If you do decide to leave a bequest to support WellElder, please let us know as this allows us to thank you for your generosity.

MoST Content Management V3.0.8634