Welcome to WellElder
WellElder believes that we all face challenges as we age. We are never too old to learn new skills, change behaviour, grow in insight and understanding or maintain good emotional health. Older people are often challenged to cope with a number of significant changes, sometimes simultaneously, eg: their own reducing physical capabilities, becoming a carer for their spouse and shrinking social networks and opportunities.
Older people are used to getting on with life themselves, but a skilled professional is surprisingly easy to talk to and can help us to:
- Move through depression
- Reduce anxiety and/or stress
- Make our own decisions about issues we are finding challenging
- Improve our relationships
- Develop our sense of wellbeing
- Come to terms with events and decisions in our lives
No issue is too big or too small - our relationships, the loss of friends and family, where we live, memories that we live with, coping with the daily demands of life, anxiety or depression - whatever it is that we face can be brought to counselling.
Our counsellors are all very experienced and interested in working with older adults and know the issues many of us face as we age:
- Health challenges
- Changing relationships with partners, adult children and others
- Living arrangements - whether and how to remain living independently in our home or to move to a retirement village or rest home
- Grief - the loss of friends, family, physical abilities, drivers' licence