Seeking part-time Counsellor, Wellington
We are looking for a new appointment to work across Wellington and Porirua area as part of a team of three contracted counsellors.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an agency that delivers exceptional service to older people in Wellington, Porirua, and Kapiti.
Hours of Work
WellElder is open Tuesday to Thursdays, with some availability for home visits and groups on other days. It is expected the contractor will make themselves available for one day a week, preferably Tuesdays, with some flexibility to extend if necessary.
Place of work
A combination of our counselling room at Newtown, and Johnsonville Community Centre and Pember House in Porirua.
- Interested in working with older people.
- Good communication skills, and flexible approaches to meeting client need.
- Maturity and integrity in treating others with respect.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A willingness to continually learn and develop.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Interested in working less than full time.
Qualifications and requirements
- A current NZAC or NZAP Practising Certificate and a knowledge, understanding and commitment to professional standards and ethics.
- Training and experience in counselling, and group work.
- A driver's licence and the use of a car, as up to a half of counselling sessions take place in clients' homes.
- Ability to attend and participate in monthly staff meetings (usually in Wellington.)
- Accurate and up-to-date record-keeping.
- Competent Microsoft Outlook calendar use for scheduling appointments.
- Participation in regular supervision with a qualified supervisor.
- An awareness of Health and Safety practices in workplaces.
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Please download and review the job description.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 11 May 2019.
Please direct enquiries to 3802440, or email@example.com.